Two Wheel View creates opportunities for young people to learn and practice lessons in leadership, health and wellness, self-esteem, achievement and environmental stewardship through bicycle education programs and volunteer service trips.
Bicycle education: The Earn-a-Bike after school Bike Club program uses the bicycle as a tool to develop leadership and teamwork skills as well as bike mechanic capabilities in youth ages 11-17. Students who complete the program earn a community donated, recycled bicycle of their own, along with a brand new lock and helmet.
Volunteer Service Trips: Two Wheel View offers a grass-roots approach to responsible travel that empowers students, cultivates their leadership skills and allows them to gain valuable experiences and make meaningful connections. Two Wheel View volunteer service trips align with school and youth organizations curriculum and goals.
Beltline Bike Club
Register NOW for this FREE program. Starting September 24th from 4-6PM at the Beltline Youth Centre @ 223 12th Ave SW. Registration is free and open to young people ages 14-17 living in the greater Beltline communities of Mission, Conaught, Victoria Park, Sunalta and Cliff Bungalow. read more...
- Make new friends
- Learn bike mechanics
- Develop job skills nad enhance your resume
- Explore Calgary's neighbourhoods and local businesses by bike
- Participate in environmental stewardship projects
- EARN A BIKE!
Volunteer Mechanic Nights
Volunteer Mechanic Nights at the Good Life Community Bike Shop will take place on the first Tuesday of each month.
Donate your old Bikes, Parts and Accessories
Bikes, new bikes, old bikes, bike parts, accessories, and tool donations are essential to the success of the Two Wheel View's programs. All donations are very appreciated and are used for cycling and community programming in Calgary. Click here for details.
Two Wheel Views - Our latest Newsletter, May 2015
In this issue read about...
- P2 / WHAT WE’RE UP TO Oh the places we have been and the things we have seen!
- P2 / GOING THE DISTANCE Justin Chadwick is a man on the move – again! It’s never too late to show your support.
- P3 / WHAT’S COOKING? A recipe for you – filled with delicious goodness ...
- P4 / JUNE IS FOR GIVING The Great Canadian Giving Challenge is almost here. Log on, give, and watch your gift grow!
See photos, updates and keep in touch with other Two Wheel View friends!
Join TWV on Facebook