Imagine a powerful program that challenges students, cultivates their leadership skills, and exposes them to life-changing relationships and experiences. Two Wheel View is exactly that. This bicycle-based program targets students 14 years old and older, allowing them connect with the natural environment and actively participate in an adventurous experience.
Spend a few weeks riding a bike through a remote region of Argentina, Norway – or cycling the scenic bikeways in Quebec. Or riding into western Canada’s mountain parks – experiencing outdoor adventure, exploring new cultures, expanding your mind.
TWO WHEEL VIEW offers a grass-roots approach to bicycle expedition programs that allow students to take part in daily trip planning, engage with local communities, participate in service-learning projects and raise their level of environmental and social awareness. Participants gain strength, confidence, and perspective as they create memories that will last a lifetime.
Two Wheel View bicycle expedition program is open to students and groups from all regions of Canada and the USA.
Not a student? We also offer expeditions for adult groups. learn more
Two Wheel View provides leadership, environmental and cultural exchange programs to young people through their participation in bicycle education and expedition programs. Intended outcomes for youth:
- Participate in leadership roles.
- Make healthier, positive lifestyle choices.
- Feel respected.
- Have a sense of belonging.
- Be involved in positive opportunities for engagement including volunteering, school, and recreation.
This bicycle expedition program includes travel coordination, use of bicycle and camping gear, group development activities, trip orientation and team building sessions before trip departures, a service-learning activity during the bicycle expedition, and post trip activities to share the experience with others back home.
Before the Trip
- Knowledgeable support and instruction for getting ready
- Travel and flight coordination
- Informative communication material for students, parents and teachers
- Pre-trip orientation with the group
During the Expedition
- Use TWV mountain bike touring equipment, panniers (saddle bags), and camping gear
- Ride with trained tour guides and mechanics
- Be part of the process of every day: route planning, food shopping and preparation, setting up camp, engaging with host communities, and planning the next day
- Gain cooperative leadership skills and self-confidence
- Have everything you need along the route: food, lodging, camping, supervision – no additional costs
After the Expedition
- Post trip networking on the web – pictures, videos and stories
- Professional support for future expedition planning
- An unforgettable experience
- Trip reunions
Choose an expedition to the right to learn more.