Bike Norway: Land of the Midnight Sun
Join Two Wheel View for a 2-week trip biking the coastline, forests, and mountains of northern Norway.
Pack your personal things and get ready for an amazing journey.
This guided trip includes:
- Travel coordination from your departure point.
- A mix of cabins, B&B's and community hosts.
- Ten days of biking (~450 km total), three sight-seeing days
- All group meals
- Includes: Bicycles and bicycle touring equipment
- Experienced trip leaders including pre-trip support to get you ready
- Spend 2-weeks biking the coastline, forests, and mountains of northern Norway.
- The difficulty rating is intermediate, with an average of 30mi /50km of riding per day.
- Participants will have the opportunity to fish for Arctic Char along the shores of fjords, climb mountain peaks in the Lyngen Alps, meet and stay with locals in small villages along the way, eat reindeer and other traditional foods and learn the benefits of travel by bike.
- Participants will take part in planning the itinerary, making decisions and group activities.
- There is a minimum of 7 participants, and a maximum of 10.
Pack your personal things and join the ride – experience outdoor adventure, explore new cultures, make new friends.
About Northern Norway
Spend mid-summer in the Arctic Circle. It's an adventure of a lifetime that will be unforgettable. Lapland is not a country in itself, but a region of northern Europe. It is mostly in the Arctic Circle, northern Norway, Sweden, Finland and some of Russia. Lapland is the last big wilderness in Western Europe. High mountains, open plateaus, forests, rivers and waterfalls meet the cultural landscape of the Sami people, making this an outstanding place to visit. The Sami are the indigenous people of the northern Scandinavian peninsular and there is a population of 7000 in Lapland. They settled in the north about 4000 years ago and during the Middle Ages the Vikings drove the Sami up to the Arctic Circle.
Lapland has the last remaining expanse of wilderness in northern Europe, including the coastline, forests, mountains and unspoiled rivers. Most rivers still run free from the mountains to the sea, following channels cut ten thousand years ago by the melting inland ice. The enormous forest areas are sparsely populated, but there are plenty of wild animals such as moose and bear. The coastline of Lapland is also easily accessible. You will find numerous bays, long sandy beaches and picturesque fishing villages.
Highlights from Previous Lapland Expeditions
Two Wheel View operates in a select handful of the most wonderful regions in the world - Lapland is at the top of the list. Two Wheel View programs focus on adventurous, active, environmental and educational opportunities. You will get to meet locals that will provide you interesting, accurate, and helpful knowledge about this region. There is lots of sunlight (lots of it), the sun will not set for the duration of this expedition. That means 24-hours of sunlight everyday for two weeks. You will be traveling by bike through some of the most beautiful mountain and sea landscapes imaginable. Fish for Arctic Char along the shores of fjords, climb mountain peaks in the Lyngen Alps, meet and stay with locals in small villages along the way, eat reindeer and other traditional foods, and learn the benefits of travel by bike.
What to Expect
Before the Trip
- Knowledgeable support and instruction for getting ready
- Travel and flight coordination
- Informative communication material
- Pre-trip orientation
During the Expedition
- Use TWV bikes, bike touring equipment, panniers (saddle bags)
- Ride with trained tour guides and mechanics
- Be part of the process of every day: route planning, food shopping and preparation, setting up camp, engaging with host communities, and planning the next day
- Have everything you need along the route: food, lodging, camping, supervision – no additional costs
After the Expedition
- Post trip networking on the web – pictures, videos and stories
- Professional support for future expedition planning
- An unforgettable experience
- Trip reunions